In 2014, in the Whistler real estate market:
– The total number of sales increased by 15%
– The total value of real estate sold was over 535 million dollars
– Reached the highest level of sales since 2007 (which was reported at over 705 million dollars in sales)
– Dollar sales volume was up significantly over the low of under 310 million in 2009.
All of these statistics mark a strong recovery year for the Whistler real estate market.
A confidence has returned to this resort marketplace – after the 2008/09 world recession rocked our worlds.
With the return of buyers’ confidence in Whistler, and likely in their abilities to afford recreational property, and a very appealing US/Cdn exchange rate, interest in Whistler real estate remains strong and the 2015 market is poised to keep this momentum. While a low inventory is sometimes challenging for buyers, pressure is being applied to prices and we expect to continue to see a slow rise in prices as the year rolls along.
What sectors saw increased activity and prices over 2014?
– The condominium and townhouse sectors dominated the market activity (almost 70 percent of all sales).
– Average condominium sale price rose by 20% to $390,165
– Average townhome sale price rose by 3% to $697,073
– Average sales price of detached properties rose by almost 12% to $1,612,412 (this is the highest level since 2008)
Click here to read the full Pique Newsmagazine article, where Pat Kelly, the owner of the Whistler Real Estate Co. summarizes the year 2014 in the Whistler real estate market.
If you are interested in how this return of confidence in the Whistler real estate market may affect your specific interests and real estate needs, call Dave today at 604-935-9182.